Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Two words

I'm getting very tired of being lectured for supporting Bernie over Hillary (even though I'm not a "young woman").

To Madeleine Albright, Gloria Steinem, and Barbara Res, I have this to say:

Yes,all other things being equal, I would in fact support Hillary first because she's a woman. But all other things are not even close to being equal. They may agree 93% of the time, but that 7% is pretty significant.

Certainly I'd prefer my third choice to win than my first choice to lose, but that doesn't make my third choice my first. And certainly I will vote for the (D) in the general election, but that doesn't mean it's the (D) I would have preferred.

And one last thing. If you're going to say, as does Albright that "There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t support other women," or, as does Res, "But I shake my head and ask myself, why can't they just go with Hillary because she is a woman?", I've got 2 words for you:

Margaret Thatcher.


** Apparently Steinem was cut off and out of context, which pleases me.

Edit: I came home planning to edit this to ask if I should vote for Carly Fiorina instead of Bernie, should that be the way it falls out. Of course, Fiorina just dropped out, so that existential dilemma will not be posed this year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->