Saturday, September 20, 2014

I wish...

Over on Facebook, a friend commented on a story about that young GOP candidate who withdrew from a Wisconsin state assembly race over his old racist and homophobic tweets. Two of the comments there:
I wish Mormonism didn't marginalize homosexuals giving this kid license to gay bash

I wish Homophobic people didnt use their religion to excuse the marginalization of homosexuals they cause, and instead accepted their own personal responsibility for perpetuating this so that my religion and many others didnt seem like it marginalized homosexuals
I didn't want to mix it up on someone else's (not even my friend's) FB wall, so I didn't say what I immediately thought:
Maybe if your religion/church didn't get involved in political campaigns to marginalize homosexuals, other people wouldn't get that impression.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->